Thursday 18 June 2015

Knit one, Purl one, Drop one!

I've had a rather bad two weeks to be honest, and haven't managed to write anything for a while. I spent the last week worrying whether I was in a crash or if I had slipped backwards and was living with my new normal and I was rather scared that this might be true!

I was having problems with my heart, lots of rapid heart beats and pounding, complete with an odd feeling in my chest like a dragging sensation in my chest. This was really quite scary and unpleasant, and hopefully when I see the doctor (in 6 weeks wait for an appointment!) he'll be able to talk to me about that and maybe get some tests to check on it! I was also having huge problems with the stairs, and by the time I made it to the top, my heart would be going, my legs were shaky and I felt dizzy and lightheaded and needed to sit or lie down for a few minutes. This wasn't good as my bedroom is upstairs while the bathroom was down- and while during the day I was ok as I could just stay in the living room with my laptop and blanket, at night this wasn't great. I always have to pee in the night, like a lot and having to go up and down the stairs at night, when it's dark, I'm tired and sometimes not wearing my glasses and half asleep wasn't a pleasant sensation at all! I seem to be doing ok with the stairs now though thankfully, though if that happens again I might just give in and make a nest on the sofa in the living room for a while so I don't have to feel like that again! It was enough to make you feel a bit sicky- not something that a person with emetophobia needs in the middle of the night when they are trying to relax and fall asleep!

Apart from that I've not really done much these few days- I've been knitting a new sweater and have completed the body and working on the button bands and then I need to knit the sleeves and weave in the ends. I wanted to get all the finishing bits done before the sleeves because I hope that I might have enough yarn to make full length sleeves. The pattern is for 3/4 length sleeves but I'm not so keen on that and I can't remember if I bought extra yarn to make them full length or not! The sweater is the Pont Neuf Sweater pictured below. Link to my ravelry page is here.

I also finished the reading of my first module for my diploma in Forensic Psychology. This first module wasn't overly interesting, it was an introduction into the different research methods in psychology. I now have to do some activities for assessment and send them to my tutor. Luckily with this course I have no due dates for assessment so I can get this done as when I can without having to stress about it. As part of the course I have a year of tutor support but can pay for more if needs be, and the cost of that isn't so bad either. So I'm not going to stress about this at all, and hopefully this in the long-run will help me with my illnesses :)

How have you all been recently? Been doing anything creative?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment