Friday 17 July 2015

Trip to Cromer

A few weeks ago I went along on an Elevate trip to Cromer Pier and the Henry Bloggs Musuem. It was a lovely day to be at the seaside- very nice especially as the day before and the day after it rained.










Cromer is a seaside town on the North Norfolk coast, famous for having the last pier show in the UKand it's crabs, Cromer Crabs are supposed to be some of the best in the country! When I was younger my cousins, my sister and I went crabbing at Cromer, though I can't remember how many we caught but we got a few- and then put them back when we were done! It's also the 2015 Pier of the Year.



After we had a little stroll around the pier and people had ice creams we went to the Henry Blogg Museum, a teeny tiny walk from the Pier. The Museum is named after Henry Blogg, who was a local Norfolk man who became a national hero and was the RNLI's most decorated lifeboatman and served on Cromer's lifeboats for 53 years. During this time, he helped to save 873 lives. For more information about Henry Blogg, click here  and for information about the Henry Blogg Museum, click here :)







No comments:

Post a Comment