Friday 11 September 2015

Moving forwards

Last week was quite a productive week, even if I had crashed quite badly after the Bank Holiday visit to Gressenhall. I managed to finish and post off my forms to the local M.E. clinic and arrange a telephone appointment with my G.P. about my anti-depressants. I've been on 40mg of citralopram for a few years now but over the last 6 months I've noticed that it hasn't been working as well as it was in the past. I finally got up the courage to ask to switch meds- friday the doctor prescribed me 50mg of Sertraline and on Saturday I did a straight switch from my old SSRI to the new one.

I had some quite bad side effects the first few days, my ME crash seemed to add to it as when I switched meds I had not quite recovered back to 'normal'. I spend the first five days feeling extremely tired, extremely dizzy and off-balance, had a fuzzy, heavy, cotton wool head with a nasty headache and felt a little sick. But the last day or two I seem to have gotten over that, I hope that that is all I have when it comes to withdrawal/side effects of this med change and I hope that this new med actually works and helps with my anxiety.

With the anxiety I also have an appointment in two weeks with the local mental health team for a face-to-face assessment to try and get more therapy and new therapy on the NHS rather than paying for it like I have been for the past year. I can no longer afford to pay for private so I hope that the NHS can do something for me, in one of their letters they mentioned two types of therapy that I hadn't done before and I'm willing to try most anything to try and control my emetophobia so that I can have some more of a life, a job, a relationship etc. Hopefully the meds will kick in and I can get some therapy started before winter comes and the utterly terrifying winter vomiting bug starts up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment